As expected, the SEC revealed the Week 1 openers for the upcoming 2020 football season on The Paul Finebaum Show on Monday. Those games are as followed:
• Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Missouri Tigers
• Georgia Bulldogs vs. Arkansas Razorbacks
• Kentucky Wildcats vs. Auburn Tigers
• Florida Gators vs. Ole Miss Rebels
• Mississippi St. Bulldogs vs. LSU Tigers
• Tennessee Volunteers vs. South Carolina Gamecocks
• Vanderbilt Commodores vs. Texas A&M Aggies
The most fascinating thing about this series of matchups is probably the fact that we’re seeing four first-year head coaches — Eli Drinkwitz, Sam Pittman, Lane Kiffin and Mike Leach — face off against four well-established coaches and programs — Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, Dan Mullen and Ed Orgeron. In other words, best of luck to Mizzou, Arkansas, Ole Miss and State.
As far as enticing and intriguing matchups here? It’s hard to figure that. But, as we’ve seen in the past, college football has a tendency to surprise you.
Now, whether these games actually come to fruition or not, and whether or not this is a fruitless endeavor? That, my friends, is yet to be seen.