Let’s move on to night #2 of the SEC Basketball season!
But before that actually, let’s take a look at what happened last night.
- Florida Gators 74, North Florida Ospreys 59: Getting 20 & 10 from Kerry Blackshear Jr. is a good way to get things going on the year.
- Georgia Bulldogs 91, Western Carolina Catamounts 72: Anthony Edwards dropped 24 in his college debut. Not bad! Shout out to fellow freshmen Sahvir Wheeler though for scoring 19 points on seven shots from the field, and going 7-for-8 from the FT line.
- Tennessee Volunteers 78, UNC Asheville Bulldogs 63: Four Vols get into double figures on the night. Hello, Yves Pons, who got 15 on 6-for-8 from the floor, seven boards and three blocks. Lamonte Turner led with 17 points and had six assists... but also six turnovers.
- Penn Quakers 81, Alabama Crimson Tide 80: Um, ouch. Ouch, ‘Bama. Ouch. At least Kira Lewis Jr. scored 30?
- Arkansas Razorbacks 91, Rice Owls 43: Mason Jones may have had the best line of the entire night. 32 points, 12-for-18 from the field including 4-for-8 from 3, seven boards, five steals and three assists. Have yourself a game!
- Mississippi State Bulldogs 77, FIU Golden Panthers 69: Tyson Carter made five threes and got to 23 points on the night. Good start. Good start.
- Auburn Tigers 83, Georgia Southern Eagles 74: Samir Doughty put up 20 & 5 in an Auburn victory. Austin Wiley just missed out on a double-double, getting 13 & 9.
- Kentucky Wildcats 69, Michigan State Spartans 62: Welcome to the show, Tyrese Maxey. 26 & 5 on 7-for-12 from the field. That will do. That will do.
(All times Eastern)
- South Carolina Gamecocks vs. North Alabama Lions — 7 p.m., SEC Network+
- Missouri Tigers vs. Incarnate Word Cardinals — 8 p.m., SEC Network+
- Texas A&M Aggies vs. Northwestern State Demons — 8 p.m., SEC Network+
- Vanderbilt Commodores vs. Southeast Missouri State Redhawks — 8 p.m., SEC Network+
Basically... if any of these teams lose, there’s probably cause for some concern.