What Happened Last Night
- LSU 75, Charleston 65: This game was close throughout, with the Tigers pulling away late for a 10-point final margin, but this was actually LSU’s third win over a KenPom top 100 team on the season. Charleston mostly held Antonio Blakeney in check but couldn’t do much about LSU’s post game; Duop Reath had 23 points and 8 boards, and Craig Victor went for 18 and 10.
- Ole Miss 66, Bradley 49: Ole Miss’ defense actually did quite well in this one, albeit against a woeful Bradley offense; Sebastian Saiz only scored 10 points, but he had 13 boards (his sixth double-double of the season) and also had 6 blocks and 4 steals. Bradley shot just 31 percent from the floor.
- Mississippi State 86, Southern Miss 44: I regret that I spent an hour of my life watching the second half of this game, in which Mississippi State made 17 threes and Southern Miss seemed to be stuck on 29 points for what felt like half an hour of real time. Quinndary Weatherspoon scored 16 points for the Bulldogs, and Southern Miss shot 23 percent from the floor.
|North Dakota State at Arkansas||7:00 PM||SEC Network/WatchESPN|
|Georgia at Georgia Tech||7:00 PM||ESPNU/WatchESPN|
I don’t need to tell you this, but Georgia needs to win at Georgia Tech; the Yellow Jackets are 6-3 but aside from an overtime road win over VCU, they haven’t looked very good and the Bulldogs absolutely cannot afford to lose this one. Arkansas faces a salty North Dakota State team as well.
Odds and Picks
Yesterday: 2-1 ATS; Season to Date: 40-66-1 ATS
- Georgia (-2.5) at Georgia Tech: Never bet on Josh Pastner. Never bet on Josh Pastner. Never bet on Josh Pastner...
- North Dakota State at Arkansas (-15.5): North Dakota State is turnover-prone and lost by 30 in its only game against a top 100 team (Xavier); Arkansas should win this one easily.