It's a new year, and that means we're all now a little older than we used to be. There are some things that will remind you of it more than others, though:
- Alabama: Jay Barker beat Miami (FL) to win a national championship closer to the release of Pong than to now.
- Arkansas: Nolan Richardson's national championship is closer to Nixon's resignation than to now.
- Auburn: Pat Dye's last season as head coach is the midway point between now and the first moon landing.
- Florida: It is unlikely that any recruits signing later this month have any personal recollection of Steve Spurrier as the Gators' head coach.
- Georgia: The last year in which Georgia won a national title is the midway point between now and the end of WWII.
- Kentucky: Rick Pitino's national championship in Lexington is closer to the first Star Wars release than the premier of this year's Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- LSU: Joe Dean fired Curley Hallman closer to the end of the Vietnam War than to now.
- Ole Miss: Eli Manning arrived on campus in Oxford six years closer to the fall of the Soviet Union than to now.
- Mississippi State: The Bulldogs' only SEC Championship Game appearance is closer to the opening of E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial than to now.
- Missouri: Gary Pinkel's coaching tenure began closer to the fall of the Berlin Wall than to now.
- South Carolina: The school has been an SEC member longer now than Walt Disney World had been open when the Gamecocks entered the league.
- Tennessee: The Vols' last national championship is closer to the start of MTV than to now.
- Texas A&M: Chet Brooks, who coined the "Wrecking Crew" nickname, first got to College Station closer to the Eisenhower administration than to now.
- Vanderbilt: Kevin Stallings took over in Nashville closer to the debut of the original Macintosh than to now.
Happy New Year, everyone!