Missouri got the series win it needed and will be playing in Hoover. Step one is complete. The next step is winning a few games, and the Tigers’ first game is against a red hot South Carolina. It will not be easy.
Florida finally lost a series. Granted, they didn’t have near as much to play for as Mississippi State did. The Bulldogs swept the Gators fairly handily, and look to be in prime position for a Regional spot. It would behoove the Dawgs to win a game or two in Hoover, just to be safe.
LSU dropped their last series to Auburn, and are right back on the fringe of Regionals. They need to win a few games in Hoover. Much like the regular season, the SEC Tournament will be just as much of a dogfight.
Texas A&M dropped their final series to the Gamecocks. South Carolina is in. The Aggies should be in with a Top 20 RPI, but the 13-17 conference record may shy committee members away when selection Monday comes. It would serve A&M well to make a run.
Kentucky is in the same spot as Texas A&M after getting swept by Vanderbilt. In fact, D1Baseball.com has the Aggies, the Wildcats, and LSU all in their “Last 5 In” category. All three of them need to win a game or two to feel safe about their chances.
- Player of the Week: Will Holland, Auburn
- Co-Pitchers of the Week: Kevin Smith, Georgia, Jake Walters, Alabama
- Freshman of the Week: Tanner Allen, Mississippi State
- Player of the Year: Jonathan India, Florida
- Pitcher of the Year: Brady Singer, Florida
- Freshman of the Year: Heston Hjerstad, Arkansas
- Coach of the Year: Kevin O’Sullivan, Florida