The softball world continues to spin. Here’s what’s happening this week.
Ole Miss vs. Memphis (Tuesday, 6 p.m. ET): This rivalry matchup will feature two pretty solid teams, as the Ole Miss Rebels battle the Memphis Tigers. Memphis is 19-7 entering play on Tuesday and will be playing just their fourth true road game of the year. Ole Miss, meanwhile, is 15-9 to this point and has a sturdy 6-4 record at home. These teams are ranked 35th and 68th in the first RPI rankings, so whoever wins will get a bit of a boost.
USF vs. Florida (Wednesday, 6 p.m. ET, SEC Network+/WatchESPN): The high-powered Florida Gators will play the USF Bulls on Wednesday night. USF is 22-12 on the year, and they will be playing only their third true road game of the year. The Bulls lost both previous meetings, and Florida is certainly going to try and add a third loss to that resume. The Gators are unbeaten at home in their first 12 games, and will look to extend that to 13 on Wednesday night.
Georgia Southern vs. Georgia (Wednesday, 6 p.m. ET, SEC Network+/WatchESPN): The potent Georgia Bulldogs will be back in action Wednesday when they meet in-state foe Georgia Southern. UGA has built up one of the best offenses in the SEC and the nation, as well, and will be led by the SEC’s leading hitter, Kendall Burton. Georgia Southern is 19-8 so far, as the Sun Belt rep is also 4-3 in road contests this season.
BYU vs. LSU (Thursday, 7 p.m. ET, SEC Network+/WatchESPN): The 23-4 LSU Tigers will welcome the BYU Cougars to Baton Rouge on Thursday night. The Tigers will look to continue to stay unbeaten at home, as they are a boastful 19-0 at Tiger Park this season. At 15-12, the BYU Cougars have hovered around .500 this year but are in the Top 50 in the RPI (46th). They are 1-1 in true road games this season.
- Arkansas is already in action against UT Arlington as part of a doubleheader on Tuesday. They lead 2-0 at the moment. The next game is at 3 p.m. ET.
- South Carolina, ranked 15th in the nation, hosts Duke later on Tuesday at 6 p.m. ET.
- 16th-ranked Alabama will welcome UAB to Tuscaloosa on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. ET.
- Kentucky, the 18th-ranked team in the country, will travel to play Morehead State on Wednesday at 3 p.m. ET.
- Mizzou will play SE Missouri State as part of a doubleheader on Wednesday. The doubleheader down in Cape Girardeau will take place at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. ET.
- 13th-ranked Auburn will play Alabama State on Wednesday evening at 7 p.m. ET.
- Mississippi State, the 21st-ranked team in the country, is set to host Central Arkansas on Wednesday night. They’ll begin at 7 p.m. ET on SEC Network.