Midweek action will be getting underway shortly on the softball field. Here’s what’s in store this week.
|North Carolina vs. South Carolina||6 p.m.||SEC Network+||WatchESPN|
|SE Louisiana vs. Mississippi State||4 p.m.||SEC Network+||WatchESPN|
|Oakland vs. Florida||4 p.m.||SEC Network+||WatchESPN|
|Auburn vs. CSU Northridge||5:30 p.m.|
|Oakland vs. Florida||6:30 p.m.||SEC Network+||WatchESPN|
|Notre Dame vs. Auburn||1 p.m.|
|Tennessee vs. BYU||1 p.m.|
|Tennessee vs. Bethune-Cookman||3:30 p.m.|
|Wisconsin vs. Auburn||3:30 p.m.|
|BYU vs. Missouri||4 p.m.|
|Arizona State vs. Mississippi State||4 p.m.|
|San Jose State vs. LSU||5:30 p.m.|
|Texas A&M vs. Notre Dame||6 p.m.|
|Arizona vs. Missouri||6:30 p.m.|
|LSU vs. Pacific||8 p.m.|
|Texas A&M vs. Nebraska||8:30 p.m.|
|Mississippi State vs. Nebraska||11 p.m.|
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
- Things are light on Tuesday and Wednesday, but there should be some intrigue in the UNC-South Carolina matchup going on in about an hour. Just simply from a rivalry perspective. South Carolina will be hoping to preserve their 9-1 record against the 5-4 Heels.
- Top-ranked Florida will have all eyes on them on Wednesday when they face the Oakland Golden Grizzlies in a doubleheader. The Golden Grizzlies are 2-2, but before they face Florida, they have a doubleheader on Tuesday against Florida Gulf Coast.
- Then, action really heats up on Thursday. Even though there’s no way to see the matchups on TV, that doesn’t mean there aren’t a few great ones on the docket. Three Top 25 showdowns are set to occur, all part of the Mary Nutter Classic in California, as both Auburn (ranked 6th) and Texas A&M (ranked 9th) will tackle 25th-ranked Notre Dame. The Aggies will also face 23rd-ranked Nebraska later on in the evening. Mississippi State, also part of the Mary Nutter Classic, will too face Nebraska as well as 15th-ranked Arizona State.
- Tennessee, ranked 10th in the nation, is also taking part in the Mary Nutter Classic. They will be facing both BYU and Bethune-Cookman at 1 and 3:30 p.m. They have a tough road ahead of them this weekend, but we’ll get to that for the weekend preview.
- Mizzou, the team with the most losses so far in the SEC, is also partaking in the Mary Nutter Classic. They’ll take on BYU before facing 11th-ranked Arizona.
- Before joining the Mary Nutter Classic this weekend, LSU first goes through the Libby Matson Tournament. The Tigers face San Jose State and Pacific on Thursday out at Bill Simoni Field in Stockton, California.