|2:00 PM||Alabama at Kentucky||CBS/CBSSports.com|
|2:00 PM||Missouri at LSU||ESPN2/WatchESPN|
|3:30 PM||Auburn at South Carolina||SEC Network/WatchESPN|
|4:00 PM||Texas A&M at Arkansas||ESPN/WatchESPN|
|4:00 PM||Florida at Vanderbilt||ESPN2/WatchESPN|
|6:00 PM||Tennessee at Georgia||SEC Network/WatchESPN|
|8:30 PM||Ole Miss at Mississippi State||SEC Network/WatchESPN|
The Auburn Tigers’ visit to the South Carolina Gamecocks today is an important one in the race for the regular season title.
An Auburn win, and the race might well be over. Auburn has a two-game lead in the standings over the Tennessee Volunteers (who play at Georgia) and a head-to-head win in the teams’ only meeting. After today, Auburn does have a couple of road trips left to Florida and Arkansas — but if they win at South Carolina, they just need to hold serve in remaining home games against Alabama and South Carolina, and the title is theirs.
(Oh, and let’s not forget that Tennessee needs to keep pace. The Georgia Bulldogs suddenly look tricky after completing a season sweep of Florida on Wednesday.)
The Kentucky Wildcats aren’t quite on the bubble, but for a lot of reasons, the Wildcats need to stop the bleeding after a four-game losing streak. That’s going to be a tall task as they welcome the Alabama Crimson Tide to Rupp Arena today — how often does Kentucky not have the best freshman on the floor? Also at 2:00 PM ET, the Missouri Tigers look to extend their own five-game winning streak as they visit the LSU Tigers.
The Texas A&M Aggies notched an 80-66 win over the Arkansas Razorbacks in College Station back on January 30; now, the Aggies will visit the Razorbacks in the always-tough Bud Walton Arena. The Florida Gators aren’t quite on the bubble -- their profile is still pretty solid — but a loss at the Vanderbilt Commodores could put their tournament bid in jeopardy.
And finally, it’s Round 2 of the basketball Egg Bowl in Starkville in the late game, as the Mississippi State Bulldogs look to avenge a 64-58 loss to the Ole Miss Rebels from earlier in the season.
Bad Gambling Advice
Season to Date: 103-93-6 ATS
- Missouri (+1) at LSU: I see no reason not to ride the hot team in this one, as Missouri has won five in a row.
- Alabama (+4.5) at Kentucky: Alabama’s ability to get up for big games is noted, and Kentucky seems to be collapsing. I’ll take the points here.
- Auburn (-6) at South Carolina: I expect there to be about 70 fouls called in this one. I also expect Auburn to win fairly easily against a reeling South Carolina team.
- Florida at Vanderbilt (+2): For whatever reason, Florida always seems to struggle at Memorial Gym.
- Texas A&M at Arkansas (-3): Going to Bud Walton Arena without a point guard seems like a bad idea.
- Tennessee at Georgia (+2.5): Interestingly, Georgia has won four in a row against Tennessee — and I suspect that will continue.
- Ole Miss at Mississippi State (-7.5): Picking against Ole Miss has been very profitable of late (sorry, Logo.)