Can anyone stop the Alabama Crimson Tide?
Did the Ole Miss Rebels stand a chance, theoretically, going into Saturday?
Sure they did.
Did Ole Miss stand a chance after Alabama went up 14-7?
Once Alabama got settled in after falling behind 7-0 on the first play of the game, it was smooth sailing from there. Tua Tagovailoa looked locked in; Damien Harris put up his first TD of the season; Jerry Jeudy outran defenders; and the ‘Bama defense played like the ‘Bama defense. There was simply nothing that Jordan Ta’amu, Scottie Phillips or any of the Nasty Wide Outs could do.
This was, essentially, like when Sting dropped down from the rafters to take out that nWo.
‘Bama won 62-7 on Saturday night in Oxford. We will spare you of many of the details, for much of it was NSFW. Here’s the rundown:
- Tua had 191 yards through the air and 47 on the ground
- Jalen Hurts got action again, throwing two touchdown passes. He’s not redshirting, folks.
- The aforementioned Jeudy, Irv Smith Jr., and Henry Ruggs scored on passing TDs. Jeudy had two of ‘em.
- The Harris’ — Damien and Najee Harris — scored rushing touchdowns. So did Josh Jacobs.
- Xavier McKinney scored on a pick-six in the third quarter.