The Las Vegas Aces left the 2018 WNBA Draft with nearly four of a kind Thursday.
Las Vegas used three of its first four picks on SEC players, including South Carolina forward A’ja Wilson with the top overall pick. The Aces also picked Tennessee’s Jamie Nared with the No. 13 pick and LSU’s Raigyne Louis at 25. Las Vegas used its fourth pick on Gonzaga’s Jill Barta.
The Lady Vols had the most players selected among SEC schools with three: Diamond DeShields at No. 3 to the Chicago Sky, Mercedes Russell at No. 22 to the New York Liberty and Nared.
Mississippi State’s Victoria Vivians was also picked in the first round at No. 8 by the Indiana Fever.
The three selections from the SEC tied the AAC for the from one conference in the first round. The AAC’s picks were all from UConn: Gabby Williams (No. 4 to Chicago), Azurá Stevens (No. 6 to Dallas) and Kia Nurse (No. 10 to New York).
Georgia’s Mackenzie Engram will stay close to home after being picked with the No. 27th overall pick in the third round by the Atlanta Dream.
- A’ja Wilson (South Carolina) - Las Vegas
3. Diamond DeShields (Tennessee) - Chicago
8. Victoria Vivians (Mississippi State) - Indiana
13. Jamie Nared (Tennessee) - Las Vegas
22. Mercedes Russell (Tennessee) - New York
25. Raigyne Louis (LSU) - Las Vegas
27. Mackenzie Engram (Georgia) - Atlanta