The Southeastern Conference racked up 12 first rounders in Thursday’s edition of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Surprised? Eh, probably not. It went a little bit like this:
- #1 Myles Garrett (Cleveland Browns)
- #4 Leonard Fournette (Jacksonville Jaguars)
- #6 Jamal Adams (New York Jets)
- #14 Derek Barnett (Philadelphia Eagles)
- #16 Marlon Humphrey (Baltimore Ravens)
- #17 Jonathan Allen (Washington)
- #19 O.J. Howard (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
- #21 Jarrad Davis (Detroit Lions)
- #22 Charles Harris (Miami Dolphins)
- #23 Evan Engram (New York Giants)
- #27 Tre’Davious White (Buffalo Bills)
- #31 Reuben Foster (San Francisco 49ers)
As per ESPN Stats & Info, that ties for the most in the Common Draft Era with the ACC in 2006 and, naturally, the SEC back in 2013.
Solid night for the conference, as always. We’ll see how things play out in Day 2 on Friday.