Not unlike the 2015 NFL draft, the Southeastern Conference is off to a strong start, topped out at 8 first round draft picks. Ohio State was rocking and rolling with 5 of the first 20 picks, but the SEC pulled ahead by the end of the night.
To recap, those 8 picks are:
9) OLB Leonard Floyd (Georgia) - Chicago Bears
11) CB Vernon Hargreaves (Florida) - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
13) OT Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss) - Miami Dolphins
17) SS Keanu Neal (Florida) - Atlanta Falcons
18) C Ryan Kelly (Alabama) - Indianapolis Colts
23) WR Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss) - Minnesota Vikings
29) DT Robert Nkemdiche (Ole Miss) - Arizona Cardinals
31) OG Germain Ifedi (Texas A&M) - Carolina Panthers
Upsets at last night's draft include social media hacking mess with Tunsil and a number of unselected gems left over.
It definitely was not the best day for Saban - A'Shawn Robinson, Reggie Ragland, and Jarran Reed will have to find their place at Round Two continues tonight - while the Tide is in hot water with Bo Davis's resignation over possible recruiting violations. Saban's projected 20 picks fell short at just one more in the form of Ryan Kelly this year.
Keanu Neal's selection this early came as a surprise to most analysts, with the exception of Daniel Jeremiah.
More tonight as the second round starts at 7PM Eastern Time / 6PM Central Time on ESPN and the NFL Network.