What Happened Last Night
- South Carolina 68, Vermont 50: For the fourth consecutive time out, South Carolina held the opposition to 50 or less. That’s some impressive defense, right there. P.J. Dozier had 21 points and 6 rebounds as Sindarius Thornwell took less of the scoring burden and had 9 assists instead.
- Florida 91, North Florida 60: Chris Chiozza had 16 points, 9 assists and 3 steals, and Canyon Barry hit his season average with 12 points, and both of these guys are coming off the bench for the Gators right now. This is an impressively deep team.
- Mississippi State 74, Oregon State 57: Last week, we were told Quinndary Weatherspoon was out for the season; instead, he returned last night and scored 21 points. Mississippi State looks night-and-day different with and without Weatherspoon, so this is a very positive development for the Bulldogs.
- Arkansas 78, Stephen F. Austin 62: Mike Anderson has the kind of depth that he likes this year: ten different Arkansas players scored, though only two were in double figures; Dusty Hannahs led the way with 15 points.
- Alabama at Texas (9:30 PM ET, ESPNU/WatchESPN): This isn’t a bad time to be catching Texas; the Longhorns have lost three in a row to Northwestern, Colorado, and Texas-Arlington, and they’ve lost all three games by double digits. With that in mind, I will take Alabama +3.5 in this game, and I think they can win this game outright.