What Happened Last Night
More good things!
- Georgia 60, UNC Asheville 46: The Bulldogs won a low-scoring affair in Athens last night, improving to 1-1 after dropping their opener. Yante Maten and J.J. Frazier combined for 37 of the 60 points that the ‘Dawgs score das they sent UNC Asheville packing with their 60-46 victory.
- Ole Miss 90, UMass 88: The Rebels would win in dramatic fashion after falling behind to the Minutemen. A late surge that was completed with a tip-in by Sebastian Saiz gave Ole Miss the 90-88 victory over UMass to improve to 2-0 on the young season. Saiz finished with a team-high 22 points while Cullen Neal dropped 21 of his own.
- Arkansas 90, Southern Illinois 65: The Razorbacks crushed the Salukis to the tune of a 90-65 beatdown in a Golden Gopher Showcase matchup. Arkansas scored 56 points in the first half while holding SIU to just 25 on their end. As a team, the Hogs shot 56.5 percent from the 3-point line with Dusty Hannahs leading the way with a 5-for-7 mark from long range. He would have a team-high 19 points.
- Texas A&M 76, American 53: The Aggies, like the Razorbacks, had this one wrapped up by the end of the first half. A&M held American to just 20 points as it was far from their first encounter of the year against Maryland in which American gave the Terps a run for their money. The Aggies proved to be a much tougher task for them thanks to the play of Tyler Davis and D.J. Hogg who scored a combined 29 points.
- Auburn 83, Georgia State 65: Auburn and Georgia State were hanging close together at the end of the first half with the Tigers only holding a five-point lead going into the break. Auburn would however pull away with a 48-point effort in the final 20 minutes, improving to 2-0 in the young season. Jared Harper would score 19 points, go 4-for-6 from the 3-point line an picked up two assists and three steals in the win.
Dayton vs. Alabama, 1 p.m. ET (RIGHT NOW!), ESPN2
Monmouth vs. South Carolina, 6:30 p.m. ET, SEC Network+
Kentucky vs. Michigan State, 7 p.m. ET, ESPN
Appalachian State vs. Tennessee, 7 p.m. ET, SEC Network
Southern Miss vs. LSU, 8 p.m. ET, SEC Network+
Belmont vs. Vanderbilt, 9 p.m. ET, SEC Network
*All games available via WatchESPN*
All courtesy of OddsShark.
South Carolina opened as a 6.5-point favorite. The line dropped to 5.5.
Kentucky opened as a 5-point favorite. The line increased to 7/7.5 points.
Tennessee opened as a 12-point favorite. Largely it remains the same except on BetOnline where the Vols are a 12.5-point favorite.
LSU is a 19.5-point favorite. The line dropped down to 18 points.
Vanderbilt opened as an 8-point favorite. The line dropped down to 5.