See this tag to find links to all coach comments from the April SEC coach conference call.
- QB Chris Relf took a big step forward in spring practice. QB Tyler Russell looks capable too. The team will have a "pretty good competition going into the summer."
- Mullen was asked what made the high school version of John Brantley that he recruited special. The answer? His arm, his underrated athleticism, and the fact he won his state championship.
- The development of the wide receivers is "critical" because the team has youth and lacks depth there. No one part of the team stuck out as great during spring practice, but rather the entire team is better than last year.
- He is sure the SEC will make the right decision regarding whether to expand the conference or not, with the goal being to "remain the top conference in the country."
- When asked to clarify his school's position regarding its offer to help Alabama's scheduling problem in exchange for favors, he kind of ducked the question. He simply said Mississippi State is always willing to help the conference and he wants everyone to stay on a level playing field.