The sixth round of the conference re-draft project is done. Here's the rundown:
- Cult of Les Miles: Iowa (LSU, Michigan, UNC, Stanford, Arkansas)
- House of a Thousand Sanctions: Kentucky (USC, Notre Dame, Oregon, Tennessee, Syracuse)
- Conference TMZ: Maryland (Ohio State, Florida State, Louisville, Michigan State, West Virginia)
- The Empire (working name): Cal (Alabama, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Arizona)
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: Kansas (Florida, Penn State, Virginia Tech, Miami-FL, Auburn)
- The 12 Pack: Duke (Texas, Georgia, UCLA, Wisconsin, Washington)
We chose the Cal Golden Bears with our pick. You can see that the theme of the round was basketball schools, with Kentucky, Maryland, Kansas, and Duke all getting selected. We bucked that trend to pick up the last available BCS team in the state of California. We're now officially on the West Coast proper, plus Cal football, basketball, and baseball are all headed in the right direction now. It's also a fantastic all around program, currently sitting 12th overall in average Director's Cup finish.
There aren't many headliners left, so we're mulling a few options now. Any input from y'all for us?