It took this one a while, but Round 5 of the conference re-draft project finished up yesterday. Here's how it went:
- The 12 Pack: Washington (Texas, Georgia, UCLA, Wisconsin)
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: Auburn (Florida, Penn State, Virginia Tech, Miami-FL)
- Us: Arizona (Alabama, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas A&M)
- Conference TMZ: West Virginia (Ohio State, Florida State, Louisville, Michigan State)
- House of a Thousand Sanctions: Syracuse (USC, Notre Dame, Oregon, Tennessee)
- Cult of Les Miles: Arkansas (LSU, Michigan, UNC, Stanford)
We picked up Arizona because it's a great basketball school, is in the top ten of average Director's Cup finish, and is going in the right direction on football. It also gives us a presence out west. It's possible Arizona might have fallen to us in the sixth round, but we didn't want to take that chance.
Arkansas was a popular suggestion in the last comment thread, but the Cult of Les put an end to that. Among who's left, who's best? Should we go for more basketball, or pick up a decent football program on the cheap? Do we have a good geographical spread, or is there a region we really need to get into?