The SEC has released its Players of the Week for this past weekend:
- Offensive: Ryan Mallett, Arkansas
- Defensive: Josh Bynes, Auburn
- Special Teams: Josh Jasper, LSU
- Offensive Lineman: Wesley Johnson, Vanderbilt
- Defensive Lineman: Drake Nevis, LSU
- Freshman: Jelani Jenkins, Florida
That makes two weeks in a row for Nevis as D-Lineman of the Week. Also, it's nice to see someone from Vanderbilt make the list of players of the week.
Also, the SEC put out the list of TV times for October 2. CBS chose that weekend to do its annual doubleheader, with Tennessee at LSU the matinee showing before the prime time matchup of Florida at Alabama. FSN has two games, which is a little odd but makes sense considering the late game's host, with Alcorn State at Mississippi State and Georgia at Colorado.
Vandy gets sequestered to the Big East Network (an ESPN-run syndication network like the SEC Network) with its road tilt at UConn, while Auburn drew the ESPNU short straw with its home contest against UL-Monroe.